Reflections and Such on 2019
Thoughts On Food | -
I watched a lot of cartoons in 2019; some of which I have opinions on. So now I’m going to discuss those hot takes (most of lukewarm at best) along with some other thoughts on Cartoon Cuisine and what 2020 will bring. You know, reflections and such.
Disenchantment Season 1 – Part 2
- This season started out really well. Then it went right back to the same old “episode of the week” style format which I found disappointing and a little boring. I’m still hoping for more from this show and that it will be more ambitious in going with a more linear format.
- I now use the phrase “shhhhhhhh, shut up” a lot more than I probably should, but it’s really the only way I can get El Boyfriendo to sleep dammit!
- Elfo continues to be the worst. His character is the most annoying aspect of Disenchantment and the very hint of a romance between him and Bean is just so, so gross.
- Recipe idea from this season: sausage links, bacon-wrapped cigars, organ meats (lung loaf, lard cakes, blood gravy, liver balls), and drinkable cheese.
Thoughts on Archer
- I’ve been watching Archer through the “coma years” of Season 8 (Dreamland) / Season 9 (Danger Island) / Season 10 (Archer: 1999) which were all entertaining enough. I liked Dreamland the best and Danger Island by FAR the worst because talking parrots don’t really do it for me.
- Spoiler alert!!! The fact that Sterling wakes up from his coma, three years after being shot, means that the next season will likely be a return to form without going off on random tangents. Or perhaps it won’t.
- I have no how, but recipe idea from Archer: 1999 is this crazy sandwich:
Some of My Favorite Stand Alone Cartoon Episodes:
- Rick and Morty: Claw and Hoarder: Special Ricktim’s Morty because slut dragons
- The Simpsons: D’oh Canada because if a show features Canada in any way I’m going to like it
- Bob’s Burgers: Boys Just Wanna Have Fungus because it’s just a generally wholesome episode featuring father, son and some funky looking (non-psychedelic) mushrooms
- Family Guy: Girl, Internetted because it’s given me some ideas for some new, horrible recipes including a white bread and French fries sandwich and the episode also includes Sam Elliot
My Favorite Cartoon Movies of 2019
- Toy Story 4
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
- The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- Frozen 2
- A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
894. Lion King Remake
Other cartoon shows I haven’t finished watching yet, but I’m working on it:
- Bojack season 6
- She-Ra Season 4
- DuckTales Season 2
- Aggretsuko Season 2
- Big Mouth Season 3
- American Dad Season 10 (way behind on this)
Cartoons I Plan to Watch in 2020
- Carmen Sandiego
- Tuca & Bertie
- Give me YOUR suggestions!
And now the reflections and such…
I am a huge fan of reading everything from books to blogs. Over the years I’ve seen some blogs that I love fall into that inevitable “it’s been awhile since I posted” updates and I’m guilty of doing the same. You roll your eyes at those posts and think “hurry up and create content for me dammit!” and move on with your day. Right now, it’s been more than a month and I haven’t posted anything on Cartoon Cuisine. This weighs on my mind, in a way that’s hard to describe.
The procrastination coupled with the many tasks that make up my daily life (work, family, volunteering, binge eating). Ughhhhhh, I’m sure most people can relate. And if you can’t relate you either have perfect time management skills or never feel guilty about anything. If this describes you, please teach me your secrets.